The Institute for European Studies at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will host a FREE policy forum on 14 November, 12:00-14:00 on the role of the European Parliament as a co-legislator in Justice and Home Affairs, focusing particularly on migration and asylum policy.
Some of the questions the Policy Forum seeks to address are:
• Did the European Parliament and its different factions adapt their positions on asylum and migration policies now that it negotiates these policies with the European Council and the European Commission?
• How did the institutional change from consultation to co-legislation affect the internal functioning of the LIBE Committee in the European Parliament?
• How influential is the European Parliament in comparison to Member States on the legislative output in the policy field?
- Ms. Hélène Calers, European Commission, DG Home Affairs
- Ms. Valérie Glatigny and Mr. Tom Feeley, ALDE Group, Policy Advisors, LIBE Committee
- Ms. Patricia van de Peer, European Parliament, LIBE Secretariat
- Mr. Andris Petersons, EPP Group, Policy Advisor, LIBE Committee
- European Conservatives and Reformists Group to the European Parliamant, t.b.c.
- Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament, t.b.c.
- Prof. Dr. Ariadna Ripoll-Servent, University of Bamberg, Professor European Integration
- Prof. Dr. Christof Roos (Chair), Institute for European Studies, Research Professor Migration and Diversity
For more & to register check the website: http://www.ies.be/policy-forum/european-parliament-migration-and-asylum-politics